If you’re a young adult handling your first big move on your own, then you might be feeling a little overwhelmed by all the packing you need to do. But don’t stress! Chase Moving and Storage is here with some game-changing packing tips that will make the whole process faster and easier.
Keep reading to see our recommendations!
Easy Ways to Make Packing Less Stressful
- Take photos of your how your electronics (e.g. game consoles, sound systems) are currently set up before you pack them away. This will help you remember how to reconfigure and install everything correctly in your new place.
- Use sandwich bags for cords, screws, and other small items. You can also easily label each bag so you know where the items belong.
- Put your jewelry in an empty egg carton. Tape each piece of jewelry in place. This will prevent your necklaces and earrings from getting tangled.
- Stack your fragile plates and bowls with Styrofoam plates and bowls in between. Doing this instead of wrapping each item individually will save you loads of time and offer the same level of protection.
- Wrap your glassware in clean socks. Instead of stuffing and wrapping each glass or mug with newspaper or tissue paper, you can slip it inside a sock. This packs two items at once!
- Don’t take any clothes off of their hangers. Instead, insert three or four clothing pieces into an empty garbage bag and tie the bag at the top of the bundle of hangers. Repeat this for all of the clothes in your closet.
- Pack weighty items like dumbbells, books, and kitchen equipment into rolling suitcases. Trust us—it’s better to have these heavy items on wheels so no one has to strain their back moving them.
We hope you find these packing tips helpful!
However, if you’re still feeling overwhelmed, don’t hesitate to call our local moving company in Burlington for help. We offer professional packing services in addition to moving and storage services. With our team of qualified, experienced movers, you’ll be in good hands.